New postal services for villages around Yeovil
Regular readers will recall the secretive closure of Glenville Road Post Office in Yeovil earlier this year. The closure was a blow not just in Yeovil, but to villages around the town that relied on a mobile service. That service had been delivered from Glenville Road.
Although the Post Office continue to refuse to divulge the reason for the closure, mobile services will be restored. The Post Office told The Leveller: “A Mobile Post Office service, which is a tried and tested way of maintaining services to smaller communities. It presents the best possible solution to restore Post Office services to these communities.” From 20 November a mobile service will visit: services to Odcombe, Tintinhull and Chilthorne Domer. These services will be delivered from Crewkerne.
Further mobile services will also be restored to serve North Cadbury, Buckhorn Weston, Charlton Horethorne, and Corton Denham. These services will operate from the previous mobile stop locations, with new opening hours.
New services will be available as follows:
- Odcombe – Village Hall car park Wednesday 11-12
- Tintinhull – Working men’s club Wednesday 9.30-10.30
- Chilthorne Domer – Village Hall Wednesday 12.30 – 1.30
- North Cadbury – Outside the Village Stores Tuesday 2.30 – 4.30
- Buckhorn Weston – Village Hall Tuesday 1.00 – 2.00
- Charlton Horethorne – Car park, The Kings Arms Tuesday 11.00-12.00
- Corton Denham – Outside the Village Hall Tuesday 9.45 – 10.15