Somerset NHS: final call for COVID booster
The NHS in Somerset is encouraging all eligible people to get their spring booster vaccination. The latest round of COVID vaccinations will come to an end at the end of June. Although the programme in Somerset has provided more than 69,000 vaccinations, 30% of those eligible have yet to come forward.
Friday 30 June will also be the last chance for all people who have yet to have their first or second COVID vaccine dose. After this, the vaccination programme will change to a targeted seasonal offer only for those at increased risk.
Caroline Upton, Head of Nursing and Quality for the Somerset COVID vaccination programme explained:
“There are plenty of vaccination appointments available over the next few days, and I really would like to encourage anyone who is eligible, to take up the opportunity and book in your appointment before the campaign ends. “There are a number of ways to book your booster appointment:
- Visit the national booking service to view available locations and clinics across Somerset.
- Book your appointment through the NHS App
- Call 119
- Visit a drop-in clinic – available across the county.”
The COVID Spring booster is being offered to those considered most at risk, following advice from the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation and includes:
- People aged 75 and older.
- Residents in care homes for older people; and
- People aged five and over who have a weakened immune system.