Network Rail works will disrupt Wessex Line
Network Rail is planning to carry out track upgrades and maintenance on the Wessex Line. There are also plans to undertake station improvements at Maiden Newton.
Specifically this will affect services between Dorchester West, Yeovil Pen Mill and Castle Cary.
The line will be closed on weekdays from the end of February and into March. No trains will be able to run between Yeovil Pen Mill and Dorchester West from Monday 27 February to Friday 3 March, or from Monday 6 to Friday 10 March.
In addition, no train services will be able to operate between Yeovil Pen Mill and Castle Cary on Monday 6 and Tuesday 7 March. The exact impact on services and work arounds are as follows:
- Trains between Weymouth and Bristol Temple Meads will start/terminate at Yeovil Pen Mill from Monday 27 February to Friday 3 March
- These train services run as normal on the weekend of 4/5 March
- Trains start/terminate at Castle Cary instead on Monday 6 and Tuesday 7 March
- Trains start/terminated at Yeovil Pen Mill from Wednesday 8 to Friday 10 March
- Buses replace trains between Weymouth and Yeovil Pen Mill on weekdays from Monday 27 February to Friday 10 March
- Buses also replace trains between Yeovil Pen Mill and Castle Cary on Monday 6 and Tuesday 7 March
SWR has agreed to accept GWR tickets on trains between Weymouth and Southampton Central. Tickets for Dorchester West will also be valid for Dorchester South.
Customers travelling between Weymouth and Bristol Temple Meads can change trains at Southampton Central on SWR. They can then complete their journey to Bristol with GWR.