More strikes planned for GWR services
GWR confirmed this afternoon that there will be another round of rail strikes on their services. This will impact train services on Saturday 19, Monday 21, and Saturday 26 November. GWR will run a skeleton service during the strikes but services will start at 07:30 and all journeys must be completed before 18:30.
GWR advise that services that do run are likely to be very crowded. You are asked not to travel unless absolutely necessary. If you have already booked tickets for strike days, you can obtain a refund if you do not wish to travel.
These are the services that will run through Somerset or connect with Somerset services:
Saturday 19 November
A reduced service will run between:
- London Paddington and Bristol Temple Meads
- London Paddington and Swansea: after 18:30 trains run between Cardiff and Swansea only
- London and Bristol Parkway/Cardiff
- London and Plymouth: after 18:30 trains run between Westbury and Plymouth
- Cardiff and Portsmouth Harbour: after 18:30 trains run between Westbury and Portsmouth Harbour
- Cardiff to Taunton/Plymouth: after 18:30 trains run between Weston-super-Mare and Taunton/Plymouth
- Westbury to Swindon via Melksham
- Bristol Temple Meads to Gloucester/Worcester/Great Malvern: after 18:30 trains will only operate north of Gloucester towards Worcester
- Devon and Cornwall branch lines to operate as normal
- Westbury and Weymouth
Sunday 20 November
Although this is not a strike day, GWR advise there will be a reduced service throughout the day. Services will start later and late evening trains may be subject to cancellation.
Monday 21 November
The same services will run as outline for 19 November, and with the same caveats.
Tuesday 22 November
Although this is not a strike day, GWR advise there will be a reduced service throughout the day. Services will start later and some morning trains may be subject to cancellation.
Saturday 26 November
An extremely limited service will operate. Services will start at 07:30 and all journeys must be completed before 21:30. However no trains are scheduled to run from any Somerset stations.