Bridgwater man guilty
Simon Wheaton, of Saltlands in Bridgwater, was found guilty at Taunton Crown Court yesterday (Thursday 23 June). He will be sentenced at Taunton Crown Court in August. He was convicted of five offences, including:
- Inciting a boy under fourteen years of age to commit an act of gross indecency
- Indecent assault on boy under the age of 14 years
- Indecently assaulting a boy, under 14, on at least two further occasions after that.
- Rape of a boy under 16 years
- Rape of a boy under 16 years, on at least two further occasions.
37 year old Wheaton sexually abused a nine-year-old boy, including committing multiple rapes upon him. The victim, cannot be named for legal reasons. He disclosed the abuse to girlfriends over the years before finally opening up to a counsellor. The counsellor agreed to report the matter to the police on his behalf.
Officers worked with the victim to complete a thorough investigation. That included speaking to the victim’s former partners and other witnesses.
Officer in the case, DC Charlotte Hodgkiss, noted: “I hope this shows other survivors of serious sexual assault that it is never too late to come forward and speak out. We recognise the courage it takes, and this is a prime example of justice being served.“
That is not justice, he has got of lightly. Evil, vile creature.