SWR announces strike timetable
This afternoon the RMT union confirmed strike action would go ahead this week. That followed t5he collapse of talks between the union and train companies. SWR this afternoon announced a reduced rail strike timetable. It is the operator providing services through Crewkerne, Yeovil Junction and on to either Exeter or London Waterloo.
- Due to the planned national strike, SWR customers are urged only to travel by rail if absolutely necessary between 21 and 26 June
- SWR will run a severely reduced timetable on strike days (21, 23, 25 June), with significant parts of the network closed
- A severely limited service will run between 07:15 and 18:30 on some routes for those who have no choice but to travel
Please note that this does not just impact on strike days. In between on 22, 24 and 26 June SWR will run a late-starting Sunday level of service
SWR’s reduced timetable will run from 07:15 to 18:30 on the three strike days, and will consist of:
- Four trains per hour in each direction between Waterloo and Windsor via Hounslow
- Two semi-fast trains per hour in each direction between Waterloo and Basingstoke
- Four trains per hour in each direction between Waterloo and Woking
- Two fast trains per hour in each direction between Waterloo and Southampton
Please note that means no trains will be running through South Somerset on those days.