Somerset NHS under pressure
Somerset CCG has today said health and care services in Somerset continue to be under extreme pressure. We reported earlier today that the number of COVID patients in hospital had risen to 80. That is shared between Yeovil and Musgrove hospitals. They are saying that sustained demand for COVID beds, pressure on staffing and the need for social care exceeds the available capacity.
The CCG warns that pressures are being seen right across the system. That includes in mental health care, primary care (GPs) and adult social care as well as hospitals. They warn that as we head into winter the situation will only get worse.
The CCG is appealing to the public today to help by being responsible in the way they use local NHS services. Please be patient and choose the right care. Get the right treatment, in the right place, at the right time.
- If you’re unwell and are unsure about where to go, visit 111.nhs.uk
- Or call NHS 111 if you have an urgent medical problem and you are not sure what to do.
- At this very busy time, your 111 call may take a little longer to answer than usual but staff will get to you as quickly as possible.
- For ongoing or non-urgent concerns please contact your local pharmacist or GP practice.
- Call 999 in a medical emergency. This is when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.