Somerset West & taunton announce new team
On the 16 April we reported on a leadership challenge at Somerset West & Taunton. In the end the vote was tied between the current leader Cllr Federica Smith-Roberts and Cllr Simon Coles. Although Cllr Federica Smith-Roberts retained the leadership, further changes were inevitable. Today a new leadership team was announced for the council. There are a number of news faces.
The executive members are as follows:
- Leader – Cllr Federica Smith-Roberts
- Deputy Leader and Executive Member for Sports, Parks and Leisure – Cllr Derek Perry (new to the Executive)
- Executive Member for Climate Change – Cllr Dixie Darch (new to the Executive)
- Executive Member for Community – Cllr Chris Booth
- Executive Member for Corporate Resources – Cllr Ross Henley
- Executive Member for Culture – Cllr Caroline Ellis (new to the Executive)
- Executive Member for Economic Development – Cllr Marcus Kravis
- Executive member for Environmental Services – Cllr Andy Sully (new to the Executive)
- Executive Member for Housing – Cllr Fran Smith
- Executive Member for Planning and Transportation – Cllr Mike Rigby
The council leadership is now dominated with Taunton Deane area councillors. Only Marcus Kravis remains from the old West Somerset council area. Perhaps that was inevitable. Other new faces include the former Conservative Andy Sully, Cllr Caroline Ellis, Cllr Dixie Darch and Cllr Derek Parry.