Man charged after Bridgwater assault
A man appeared before Taunton Magistrates yesterday, Wednesday 30 December. Anthony McLellan, 35, of Stoke Road, Stoke St Mary was remanded in custody.
Officers had earlier been called to an incident in Stoke St Mary. In the course of the incident three members of the public were assaulted. McLellan was in an ambulance going through Bridgwater when a female paramedic was assaulted travelling in the same ambulance. The paramedic remained on duty but was unable to continue to crew an ambulance due to her injuries.
McLellan was charged with:
- Assault causing actual bodily harm to a female paramedic
- Inflicting grievous bodily harm on a 61-year-old man
- Assaulting a 30-year-old man
- Assaulting an 18-year-old woman
- Five counts of assaulting an emergency worker, namely four police officers and a paramedic
- Criminal damage
He was remanded in custody pending an appearance at Taunton Crown Court on Monday 1 February 2021.