Thefts on Lynx Trading Estate
Several businesses operating out of the Lynx Trading Estate in Yeovil reported being broken into at the end of last week. The thefts took place overnight on 1-2 July. A quantity of tools, car diagnostic equipment, electrical items and cash were among the items that were taken.
Avon & Somerset police are investigating and would welcome information from anyone who saw anything suspicious at the time.
Businesses across South Somerset are advised to take sensible precautions. If you don’t already please consider taking steps to deter thieves:
- · Protect doors and windows with shutters or grilles.
- · Secure entrance doors.
- · Hire a security guard or a timer light switch.
- · Fit a monitored alarm to the building. They are a good deterrent and a variety of alarms are available.
- · Lock valuable products away from the shop floor or any visible location.
- · Purchase security and insurance accredited safe, which can be bolted to the floor and located in a safe and secluded location.
If anyone sees the items listed for sale or has any information about the incidents, please contact the police on 101 and give reference 5220144974.