Musgrove Support Fund Launched
It does sometimes feel as if our NHS is pretty much glued together with bits of string. Increasingly charities are playing a vital role in keeping the show on the road. It is almost embarrassing to report that Love Musgrove, the official charity of Musgrove Park Hospital, has launched a new campaign to raise money to support the incredible work of local NHS staff.
The thrust of the current fundraising is to help staff at Musgrove during what is undoubtedly a very difficult time. As the charity puts it “Staff are working incredibly hard to keep us safe; their dedication, commitment and passion to continue to deliver exceptional care during this unprecedented period is truly inspirational and the Charity are extremely proud of them.”
Without in any way demeaning the excellent work that Love Musgrove is doing to support the NHS and staff at Musgrove Park, you have to ask why?
Which is why you have to wonder that a charity is having to support them and provide for them because the state is not doing so.
Suffice it to say Love Musgrove’s have an answer where the state does not. The brand new Covid-19 Response Fund has been set up so money can be used where it is most needed, which includes:
- Funding wellbeing packs/gifts for staff and volunteers on wards/departments
- Purchasing food to make meals for staff during shifts, kindly being supported by Taunton School and Somerset Larder.
- Equipment and support for the busiest departments, like ITU (Intensive Therapy Unit) & A&E
- Items to support patients in isolation like DAB Radios and iPads
- Cost of travel, parking, accommodation for NHS staff and volunteers
- Volunteer expenses
This list is not exhaustive
There are several easy ways to donate:
- Donate online at www.lovemusgrove.org.uk/covid19
- Text MUSGROVE followed by your donation amount (between £1 & £20) to 70085
- Send a cheque, made payable to ‘Love Musgrove Covid-19’ to Fundraising Office, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 5DA