It’s back! And this time you get a choice
The new A358 consultation is launched today and this time there are three routes to choose between. You will not be surprised that the preferred choice of Highways England, is included once again, but this time it is joined by two alternatives. I would have to say that neither of the alternatives are massively different. However and this is perhaps crucial, both give a nod to co-ordinating with the Nexus 25 business park proposals and the plans to improve junction 25. The original Highways England scheme bypassed both the proposed new business park and Junction 25.
It looks as if it is accepted that from the Southfields roundabout outside Ilminster to West Hatch, the A358 will simply be dualled along its existing route. It is what happens next that has caused all the excitement and more specifically how the A358 will join the M5.
The three options are branded Orange, Blue and Pink and there will, as we mentioned in our last article, be a chance to get more detail at a series of presentations over the next few weeks.
The consultation closes on 27th February.
There are to be seven public exhibition events and information available at locations around the county. Public exhibition events are taking place at the following locations.
· Tuesday 23 January, 12pm to 8pm: The Monks Yard, Horton Cross Farm, Horton Cross, Ilminster, TA19 9PT.
· Wednesday 24 January, 12pm to 8pm: Hatch Beauchamp Village Hall, Village Road, Hatch Beauchamp, TA3 6SG.
· Friday 26 January, 12pm to 8pm: Holiday Inn Taunton Deane Gate Avenue, TA1 2UA.
· Thursday 1 February, 12pm to 8pm: The Wyvern Club, Mountfields Road, TA1 3BJ.
· Wednesday 21 February, 9.30am to 12pm: St Mary Village Hall, Stoke St Mary, TA3 5BY.
· Wednesday 21 February, 2pm to 5.30pm: Ruishton Village Hall, TA3 5JD.