A358 upgrade – Now let’s try that again
The Highways Agency are about to have another go at consulting with the public on the route of a new upgraded A358 between west hatch and the M5. Having been heavily criticised for offering a consultation on just one option last time around, we understand the new consultation allows for other alternatives.
This new “supplementary consultation” starts on Tuesday, 16 January, and will be seeking views on “several options” for the section between the M5 and the A358 at West Hatch.
Lasting six weeks, the consultation closes date of 27 February. You can find information and give feedback online through the Highways England website http://roads.highways.gov.uk/projects/a358-taunton-to-southfields
The exact routes being suggested will not be revealed until 16th January so we have yet to test the accuracy of the use of the word “several” but presumably that will mean more than two?
There are to be seven public exhibition events and information available at locations around the county.
Public exhibition events are taking place at the following locations.
· Saturday 20 January 12pm to 8pm: Holiday Inn Taunton Deane Gate Avenue, TA1 2UA.
· Tuesday 23 January, 12pm to 8pm: The Monks Yard, Horton Cross Farm, Horton Cross, Ilminster, TA19 9PT.
· Wednesday 24 January, 12pm to 8pm: Hatch Beauchamp Village Hall, Village Road, Hatch Beauchamp, TA3 6SG.
· Friday 26 January, 12pm to 8pm: Holiday Inn Taunton Deane Gate Avenue, TA1 2UA.
· Thursday 1 February, 12pm to 8pm: The Wyvern Club, Mountfields Road, TA1 3BJ.
· Wednesday 21 February, 9.30am to 12pm: St Mary Village Hall, Stoke St Mary, TA3 5BY.
· Wednesday 21 February, 2pm to 5.30pm: Ruishton Village Hall, TA3 5JD.
Highways England have told us that information will also be made available to the public in the following places during the consultation period:
Taunton Deane Borough Council (Deane House),
Somerset County Council (County Hall A Block reception),
South Somerset District Council (Brympton Way reception),
Ilminster Meeting House and Arts Centre,
Henlade Post Office,
Blackbrook Leisure Centre and Spa,
Taunton, South Petherton and Martock Libraries and Somerset’s Mobile Library.